by Bennett Quillen
Bennett Quillen possesses over 30 years of financial institution technology, operations, cash management, and compliance experience. He provides technology advice to senior management at financial institutions. He specializes in systems evaluation, development, conversions and security and compliance management. Bennett has conducted frequent seminars for banking and treasury organizations as well as universities. He has written several articles for business journals on such topics as project management and treasury management applications.
- Conducts operational and technology audits of back office operations, security administration, identity and access management, information technology, payment card processes and funds management activities for community and regional banks compliance with legal and regulatory issues.
- Directs conversions for community banks core systems for both in-house and outsourced solutions to reduce operating costs. These engagements include establishing and converting data centers, telecommunications and infrastructure systems.
· Managed projects for an overseas investment bank to streamline its procedures and implement control processes for information technology and funds management departments in their Caribbean and UK operations. The projects improved productivity and compliance with SAS70 and Basel II requirements.
- Directed comprehensive information technology assessments and managed over 250 applications systems conversions, including the integration of several different and remote operating platforms for branch and remote image capture and item processing for domestic and overseas banks.
· Managed a SOx compliance engagement with a budget of over $10 million for a large P&C insurer. Responsibilities included development of a comprehensive project plan and management of procedures for remediation and testing to complete remediation tasks on-time and within budget.
- Developed the acquisition strategy for a large international insurance carrier based in the Netherlands and the training program for a large Austrian bank for its operations in Eastern Europe.
As Chief Information Officer, Bennett directed all systems development, operations and network support for a leading mutual fund processing firm, based in New York City.
He directed data processing and operations for a large regional commercial bank and trust company, based in the mid west. His responsibilities included the management, evaluation, installation, and support of all loan, deposit, trust and treasury applications.
As a managing director for a consulting firm in Chicago, he directed several operations audits, systems conversions, and corporate planning projects for banks, thrifts and insurance companies, both overseas and in the States.
Bennett started his banking career with a large California-based commercial bank in its controller’s department, managing financial systems and analysis.
He served on the Board of Directors of MAPEX, an item and electronic clearinghouse, in the mid west.
Bennett Quillen holds a BS degree in chemistry and mathematics from The Principia College and a MBA in industrial management and finance from the University of Southern California.